Waterproof Gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Here you go
9usyhy7a.jpg

Are these good in cold and wet conditions ? Presume you can manipulate zips/compass/turn on - stove etc when wearing them ?

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
Like others who have responded, I've found sealskinz to be great. I've used them for cycling throughout the winter for a few years and they're still going strong. They can be difficult to put on well if your hands are wet, but I guess the trick is not taking them off when you're outside in the rain! :)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Have you tried them out yet? I've read mixed reviews on Sealskinz.

Note: a lot of the bad reviews of sealskinz are coming from the fake copies out there. Those for sale on Amazon, and some other outlets are fake copies, and thus not as good as the real ones.

Julia

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Real Sealskinz of the waterproof type are as waterproof as it gets (sadly not in anyway cheap but each pair i have had have lasted over 5 years so it pans out), SS do sell non waterproof gloves you gotta check the tech description on their site for each type and they are rated 1-5, 1 being wool or fleece gloves as waterproof as wool or fleece is and 5 being impenetrable to liquid, i bought these level 5 a couple of weeks ago and they are completely waterproof (hopefully they will also last more than 5 years and it will be money well spent), i dry mine hanging open on my brake levers and usually the next day they are bone dry inside and out as where i keep my bikes has a steady breeze/draft. I have found these new gloves to be too warm to use above 10c even if it is raining cats and dogs, even when wet outside they are still usable, only impossible thing about them is trying to put them on with wet or wet and cold hands due to the thermal inner area gripping your flesh like velcro, it's a PITA if you take them off and your hands are either sweating or get wet from the weather and then you try and put them back on. I have 2 pairs of level 4 gloves with varying thermal ratings for different times of the year which are also totally waterproof, outside gets wet and does take a bit to dry out, best done in a breeze rather than using heat like on the radiator which Sealskinz advise will negate your warranty.

Other gloves i've found great are my Gul 5mm neoprene that i bought for kayaking, different kind of waterproof protection and warm as hell

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE