Waterproof footwear for a wellie hater

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I went for altberg warrior aqua for the same reason and purpose of use, they do much taller waterproof boots like the Gamekeeper or the high country but i didn't want higher than 9inch up my leg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a pair of these, which are great.

le_chameau_skadi_boot_xl.jpg

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've never owned a pair but I am reliably informed that Lundhag boots would fit the bill for waterproof none Wellies....but not sure about easy on or off as they lace up like normal high leg boots .

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
i forgot to mention the altbergs are easy on and off due to the tongue and lacing system, off and on as quick as trainers for me

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
How about the Toggi range of leather 'wellies'. SWMBO has a pair that are still water proof after 2 years of everyday use. She got them resoled for £18 last week as they had a riding boot sole which wore through and has now bought a pair with proper walking boot soles.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
For fast on and off. You might want to look at some of the waterproof Magnum side zips. Helly Hansen do some well regarded winter side zips as well.

Last edited:

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You might want to look at Muck Boots. I've used them for a decade or so. Athough they look like wellies they don't wear like wellies. I've walked thousands of miles in them with the dogs in all weathers and ground conditions, and worn out three or four pairs.

They're relatively warm in the winter compared with wellies, and much more comfortable. Totally waterproof. Quick to slip on and off, I use them all the time when I'm going in and out to the garden.

They have their bad points though. They're pricey. I've tried several different ones and I've never found the ideal combination of grip and comfort. I've fallen over in them quite a lot when I wouldn't have fallen over in boots. :(

Because of the grip problems, for walking the dogs I've changed to a pair of American-made waterproof boots (Skechers) and I really rate them. They cost quite a bit less than the Muck Boots and wear better, but they're lace-up so not quick to get on and off.

Jul 14, 2014
uk
I have worked as a maint. man on a campground for 6 years, always around water of some kind. For 4 years I have had the same pair of Carolina Logger Boots and are still as water proof as the day I bought them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE