Waterproof camo storage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Iast year I had a great spot I used regularly for day camps with the odd overnighter, I knew someone else used it regularly but they too kept it tidy and left no trace, at least to the uninitiated. Unfortunately later in the year it was found by weekend news, and I got sick of tidying up after them and the damage to trees etc was too much to bear. So this spring I've found somewhere else less likely to be discovered and within nice walking distance from my house. I've got a couple of bits of kit made up that I leave hidden nearby, such as a tripod and pot hanger but I'd like to leave some other bits and bobs, dutch oven etc cached away close to the site and ideally I want something to store them in that's not goin to get water logged and will help keep them hidden.

Any ideas guys?

This year I've got a lot more opportunity for staying out there regularly so I want a couple of more permanent camp items there that I don't have to carry in every time.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I use the famous "blue barrels" beloved of canoeists plus my old Motorcycle top box for waterproof storage.
If camo is needed then make fabric camo covers from tarps cut and sewn to shape and size.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Plus one for the blue barlels, tried and tested, cheap as chips and available in different sizes.

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
I used to use the 81mm mortar packaging tubes to carry waterproofs and tools on my motorbike, lashed to the inside of the frame that carried my topbox. In the days when I worked in Main Building. Modplod would occasionally get annoyed: one even threatened to call the 'bomb squad'. "Good job I'm here then" I said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I used to use the 81mm mortar packaging tubes to carry waterproofs and tools on my motorbike, lashed to the inside of the frame that carried my topbox. In the days when I worked in Main Building. Modplod would occasionally get annoyed: one even threatened to call the 'bomb squad'. "Good job I'm here then" I said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice story, that! :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Don't bury everything in one spot. Disturb the ground surface in several other places and try to make them all "look good."
You'll still have to excavate a substantial amout of earth, that should be scattred far away from your "nest."
I've stumbled into wild camp sites several times in the past few years.
Piles of things, bit of a plastic sheet cover, small log pieces to hold it down.
Rock ring for a small fire, tent clearing. I just look at it and leave it. Not my stuff.

not sure if it would work: if you bury it deep enough, then put a layer of soil on top, then some trash before filling with soil to top level to make it look like someone buried trash---- I daresay not too many camp raiders bother to look for treasure under trash:rolleyes: (make sure there's no food smell on it to avoid animals digging it up)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE