Water resistant cargo trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
I'm after some everyday winter wear cargo trousers that are reasonably water resistant, but preferably not "shiny" or obviously waterproofs. Any suggestions?

Craghopper Kiwi Winter Lined trousers seem a possibility.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Fjallraven G-1000 fabric is pretty good for shedding a lot of the wet stuff.

Tamarack have a good range in these days

Mar 18, 2009
Lancs
The kiwi should be fine then but a company called mountain life do a better looking and better made for around the same money take a look at them first mate.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Bagged mine when Tamarack had a 20% sale on. Agreed, pretty expensive if they don't need to survive bushcraft - mine are for shooting/beating and need to be tough.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
What about Alpkit's Jeanius jeans? Not a bad bet for everyday wear and about the price you're thinking of. I have some - they handle rain reasonably well and are windproof.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
you could more than likely make any of the normal walking range of trousers more water reisitant (not water proof) by using the relevant NIkwax or grangers type wash ins or spray ons. I did it last year with some £7.00 asda combats and they worked really well. was quite a useful test really I recckon I could get about a year out of them them dump them and start again.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I have some craghopper kiwi lined while being good for a walk in the cold, no good for bushcraft they are just not tough enough imo.

I use Kiwis most of the time for bushy stuff - they are pretty tough and you can get tham at TKMaxx for £17 - £21. That's a lot of pairs to go through before you spend £150!

LM J

Nomad
Nov 26, 2008
Cumbria
70 quid for a pair of the "finest Quality dense Oxford weave cloth, woven from specially selected 100% cotton long stable fibres, and using about 30% more yarn than conventional woven fabrics" combat trousers from SASS Kit. Windproof and water repellent. :)

LM J

Nomad
Nov 26, 2008
Cumbria
Saying that, you'll want to wear them with a pair of long johns as they don't insulate as well as polycotton.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE