water purification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi all, I have been looking for a pre-mac PWP trekker water pump filter, but can't seem to find a stockist in the UK, can anyone help me out ? I have tried to contact Pre-Mac direct for stockist information but the phone number dosnt seem to work and the email bounces back, I have found a stockist in the US but as the pump is made in Sevenoaks Kent, I was hoping to find a supplier nearer to home. Any help in the right direction would be great ... thanks
Cyril

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5fmoa0

A friend brought mine over from the US, are they available over here now?

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
I was recently in Australia on an outback trip and I used a steripen to purify water, I've been back three weeks and still healthy so I figure its a good tool for this kind of stuff. I usually iPhone an msr filter but couldn't justify the weight, I took water out of some very bad looking pools of water but as I said it all worked well.

Nov 5, 2012
carlisle
Well i no its off subject but we live in uk it rains 90% of time so if you are going hikeing camping mabey take ways to catch some water and i no its not reay good just to wait for the weather but its just 1 option :)

Shiver

Apr 23, 2012
Belfast
Use a mill bank bag ... You should get one on eBay .... Then boil water ... That should take out most nasties ..... Your main problem will be chemical pollution or heavy metals .... You can filter out the metals and reduce chemical content using a travel tap or similar. Best to check if there is much industry near to your water source, that will be a contributing factor to metal or toxic poisoning .... Also farm chemicals ... If fish and plant life look like they are in bad shape go somewhere else for water ... A good site on the matter can be found on Fronter bushcraft or look under Paul kirtleys blog on water purification ... He is the man!

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
There are some really good replies and cross references in this thread - But I'm sorry, but it would have to be a life threatening situation before I considered doing anything with UK lowland water sources :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE