Water filters in the real world.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Stuart said:
if you want you could use a mechanical purifier (which removes viruses rather than a filter with just removes cysts and bacteria) but it has no real benefit for tap water over the simple chemical treatment and means more to carry and more to break

Good information. :35:

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
I carry the MSR Sweet-water filter, it comes with Chlorine ViralStop. It was about $120 Canadian, and I've had it for well over a year now, most of the parts are pretty pricey ($60 for a replacement filter cartridge, and $20 for silt stopper). But it's light, compact, easy to use and I've been told by some experts that with the ViralStop, it's able to purify any fresh water in North America, Australia and Europe. I'm not sure about Africa, Asia or South America though, I'll have to do some research.

But I also carry the Katadyn Micro-pur tablets. Apparently Micro-pur is approved by the American FDA as the ONLY water purification product that can make your water truly safe to drink. Over here in Canada those cost about $20 for 30 tablets (each tablet will purify 1 litre of water).

For the question... I'd boil my water in India, even with my filter and tablets, just to be safe. I like safety when it comes to my own health.. when it comes to others... let em go ahead and not boil it :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE