Water dilemma

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
I’ve started drinking water Or squash more I was looking for a portable Solution for walking ,cycling Fishing etc I wanted easily fillable and portable , I also don’t really like drinking from plastic tbh
I bought a Wide mouth kleen kanteen And a condor h20 pouch carry it in, only thing is I don’t like the bulky canteen top tried swapping a nalgene one but it leaked , and now I’m wondering if it will be to heavy when filled, I’m wondering if I should of got 2 500ml ? So how do you carry yours I’m not really into carrying the plastic water bottles you buy water in in shops .

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Forgot to say really looking for a carrier that can be belt clipped and carried with strap over shoulder ? Tempted by a British respirator bag .

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
They used to make a small plastic insert for the Nalgene bottles that would sit just below providing a small drinking aperture.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Nalgene shouldn’t leak. I like them, but not if the water has sat in there for hours. There’s a cap by Humangear that’s handy, make it work both as a drinking bottle and pourer.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
The Nalgene shouldn’t leak. I like them, but not if the water has sat in there for hours. There’s a cap by Humangear that’s handy, make it work both as a drinking bottle and pourer.

It’s a kleen kanteen bottle I read on a blog you could put a nalgene spout top on them
Bought one and it doest thread right and leaked all down the rucksack .

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Must admit this has tempted me
Same here pal haha ive not seen them on the market for a long time but theres an attachment for it to use it like a bladder canteen.
Ive got one of those without the pouch i use for extra water, works out about right. 3l of water a day or so. But when it runs empty ya got no bulk or weight to walk out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: moocher

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I just use a Platypus. They last me years. I admit that they have a plastic sooky cap thing, but I just bleach that fairly often and it's fine.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is that the soft water bottle version ,?Toddy

Yes. The one I use most still predates silicon type bladder ones. It's some kind of laminated plastic. I have three, and they're all sound, even though the oldest one is now twenty years old ......maybe I ought to update ?
But then, if it's not broke, why look for a fixit ?
These seem to be the present versions of mine.

M

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Yes. The one I use most still predates silicon type bladder ones. It's some kind of laminated plastic. I have three, and they're all sound, even though the oldest one is now twenty years old ......maybe I ought to update ?
But then, if it's not broke, why look for a fixit ?
These seem to be the present versions of mine.

M
Kind of remind me of what you see in the kids meals section for kids that are being weaned onto solids . Or Capri sun drink containers ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s a kleen kanteen bottle I read on a blog you could put a nalgene spout top on them
Bought one and it doest thread right and leaked all down the rucksack .

The two Klean Kanteens I have are internally threaded SS bottles, the Nalgene is external so I think I’ve misunderstood your question.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Kind of remind me of what you see in the kids meals section for kids that are being weaned onto solids . Or Capri sun drink containers ?

Lightweight, easily cleaned, visible internally, robust, packable, and my big one comes with a seperate nozzle that turns it into a shower if I leave it out in the sunshine to heat up :)

Reactions: moocher

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE