Washing with limited water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Flannel or a baby sponge, pan of hot water, not much needed half full then wash face arms groin feet daily.

As Lister above said in this order face, pits, feet, privates, backside.
Biodegradable liquid soap is a good idea also

Years ago before running water people stood naked in a bowl of water and wash themselves with limited water.

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
This is exactly what I have done and spoke about in my first post on this thread, to build an off grid shower and toilet.
It's very easy. I got a cheap pressure sprayer from liddell, for the grand sum of £10 and I already had the shower sprayer on my garden hose and as the hose needs replacing , I repurposed the sprayer onto my shower, so it was a very cheap solution.
The toilet, I built myself(sorry, skipped that part of the video) from a large bucket, and a clip on toilet seat that fits perfectly I found in a charity shop.
Total cost, £8.00 for a new bucket, (it is a big one as I don't like being too low, I struggle to get off it)And the clip on seat was £2.00. A lucky find for sure.
So £20 had me a complete off grid bathroom. I'm still on the look out for a toilet tent at the charity shop. Mind you, I won't be using this outdoors in the winter, so I'm not too worried if I don't find one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE