Warning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shadow57

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 28, 2005
Glossop, Derbyshire
My very house proud girlfriend was out and I decided to do some carving with my newly made spoon carving tool. I thought that it was somehow not performing well and had the silly idea of reharding and tempering the blade using the living room gas fire.

In front on the fireplace is a very deep pilled carpet that belongs to her.

So you know whats going to happn :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The blade was cherry red and gripped with a pair of pliers...It then dropped from the pliers, bounced off the hearth on :eek: :eek: :eek: to the carpet... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: in slow motion as well

I watched as it burnt its way through the pile of the carpet and somehow managed to grab it with the pliers.

A HUGE ? SHAPE was burnt into the carpet and a feeling of dread swept through my body

But when I started to rub the fabric the brown charred shape disappeared.
There was a ? shape area of wool missing and luckily the shape fitted in with the rest of the carpets pattern :D :D :D :D :D

Eventually I admitted my sin to liz and my life was spared

Did I learn anything from that experience???????

Yes...That there is an angel up there looking after me :D :D :D

Will I do it again??????course I will :p :p :p

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao: :lmao: ,
Now how the h3ll do I get Irn Bru out of the keyboard?
(They're going to kill me; they've just de-gunked it from the coffee....at this rate I'm going to have to buy one of those keyboard wrap things).

Cheers,
Toddy

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Nice one!

Thats almost as bad as me this evening spilling 2 litres of 1 year old sloe gin that i made last year. Went to drain it this evening and the mixing bowl i was poring into fell of its standing and it all went across the kitchen floor. Hell...i don't waste anything...Bounty kitchen roll rocks! I soaked up the surface liquid from the kitchen floor and resuced over 1.5 litres.

Just don't tell the family its been on the floor!

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
andyn said:
Nice one!

Thats almost as bad as me this evening spilling 2 litres of 1 year old sloe gin that i made last year. Went to drain it this evening and the mixing bowl i was poring into fell of its standing and it all went across the kitchen floor. Hell...i don't waste anything...Bounty kitchen roll rocks! I soaked up the surface liquid from the kitchen floor and resuced over 1.5 litres.

Just don't tell the family its been on the floor!

But I'll know, the next time you bring a flask to one of our meets :lmao:

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Lol. That's almost as bad as when my optimus leaked in the garage and set fire to a whole shelving unit :banghead: . She who tolerates me was NOT pleased, to say the least... Still, at least I had some room spare for a new work bench :)

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
shadow57 said:
Eventually I admitted my sin to liz and my life was spared

You did the right thing in telling the truth; that way when you tell her a BIG lie there is a better chance of being believed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE