Warm Trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Lithril said:
K I quite like the look of the extreme lines, purely for the fact that I can remove them when walking (We both get quite warm when walking). next silly question of the day is does anyone know which of these is leg size and which is the waist size, if the first is the waist size, I'm out but I can still get a set for sam?

76/82
76/94
90/82
90/94
90/104
90/106

Can't remember of the top of my head, but you may be looking at seat and waist measurements, Jak may remember, in the meantime I'll check around.

ColdCanuck

Feb 16, 2005
Alberta, Canada
I've never worn tights, but I know the first layer against my skin in the cold is always something very light and highly breathable. So tights would probably work pretty well. If your being active, moving the condesation away from your skin is pretty important. The layers help move the dew point away from your body keeping you warmer. Actually its not the layers, but the loft they add. Even if your clothes don't feel wet, if the dew point is too close to your skin, you'll get cold.

If you are not being active, then you can use "puff" pants. They are by far the warmest things I've worn. Many manufacturers make ones like this :

Puff Pants

They don't breath really well. So they are great for sitting around camp, but not so good for high output activities.

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Andy said:
Never worn tights as in ladoes tights

My Ron hill DXBs keep dry and wick any sweat away fast. It also feels comfy under my all in one suit. But nobody else seems to think it's very bushcrafty.

Long Johns seem the best bet

<sigh>
I love my Ronhills but look utterly stupid in them (They are the ultimate 'does my bum look big in these' trousers)

simon

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
simonsays said:
<sigh>
I love my Ronhills but look utterly stupid in them (They are the ultimate 'does my bum look big in these' trousers)

simon

As leon said in the post prior to yours:
A good compression bag will normally sort the problem of bulk

leon-1

Lithril said:
Well I've ordered a set 90/104 just to see what the size is like, I can always resell them back on again if they're miles out.

They have a drawcord at the waist to help with the size and they are not massively long in the leg, sometimes slightly larger is a far better idea especially if SWMBO is wearing three pairs of trousers :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE