'Warf bow'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Has anyone ever come across a Warfbow in the flesh.
I quite fancy the idea of something a little different to the norm.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
To be honest I had to Google it. First thing that came to mind was clingons didn't use bows did they?
After a Google I am still none the wiser, converting a compound bow riser to glass limbs?
There ere guys saying it decreases hand shock but a well designed bow should have little if anyway..
Got any links?

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Nothing other than the archery forum. Just I have an old compound and wondered about modding it to accept recurve limbs. Its a shortish riser and was thinking of adding some softish limbs to create a compact bow but without the hassle of pullies, especially when it comes to breaking it down.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I am after a similar thing and Funnily enough I started on a yew take-down bow today.
Can be a pain dragging even a short bow through the woods with a pack on your back.

Let us know how you get on.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just been looking at limbs and think I might struggle as mine fix a little different to recurve limbs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE