Warburton's bread wrapper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
No affiliation etc just love good bread :p
So....tinder...left in the rain,
0263612d-7b7a-a571.jpg

Turned over and patted
0263612d-7a5f-ec71.jpg

Quick shake, add a match and woof said the dog....
0263612d-7aa3-50be.jpg

Gives a lot of energy off and burns clean.
So add it to a tinder bundle, or wrap some more tinder inside it and bobs yer aunty in a dress....
Water resistant tinder that Tha can wrap yer snap in :thumbup:
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers , now it's stopped raining :( just tried it with Ferro rod. If yer blow as you strike, it catches n bursts to flame :cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is that the plastic one or the wax paper variety ? :)

We used to use the Scottish Plain Bread waxed wrappers for sandwiches and for firelighting too.

I've just had my dinner, but I'd love a couple of slices of plain bread, toasted and buttered :eek:

M

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Is that the plastic one or the wax paper variety ? :)

We used to use the Scottish Plain Bread waxed wrappers for sandwiches and for firelighting too.

I've just had my dinner, but I'd love a couple of slices of plain bread, toasted and buttered :eek:

M
Waxy Mary ;)

Or tortillas for a super incendry lol

Filled with pringles, its would be an incendiary!

Double use dinner :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No Warburton's in brum when I was a lad, the wax paper was from Mothers Pride or local to us Hawleys Bakery. Our scout leader told us to ask our moms to save the bread wrappers for fire lighting.

This thread is a blast from the past, I'd forgotten all about the bread wrappers :) Won't have access to any now as I don't like that type of bread now but the Warburton's crusty sliced is not bad at all, makes good sandwiches and toasts well, shame the wrapper is plastic... sod it, that burns too;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tonight's 'water of life' is Rose Pouchong :D

Plain Bread is tough enough to butter in the middle of winter without melting the butter in the micro first :D none of this squidgy polystyrene stuff that pretends to be bread nowadays :)

This is miserable, I try really, really hard not to eat gluten, but see tomorrow? I'm buying a loaf :eek:
Isn't it funny how we take a notion to the simplest of foods ?

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE