Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.1 DL Hammock review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dimi.t.dfd

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2011
Belgium
studioblade.blogspot.com
I write gear reviews for Exploremore.eu. I use hammocks all the time when I'm travelling and IMHO the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC is the best hammock out there!

Here's the link to the full review:

http://exploremore.eu/warbonnet-blackbird-xlc-1-1-dl/

hammock%2520web%2520%25281%2520of%25207%2529.jpg

hammock%2520web%2520%25287%2520of%25207%2529.jpg

dimi.t.dfd

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2011
Belgium
studioblade.blogspot.com
We have compared it to DD hammocks (Frontline model), Exped Ergo hammock (not recommended, a good idea but the design has not been tested enough, we experienced ripped seams and worn out ropes...) and a few others. There's no comparison... We do like the DD hammocks as a cheaper alternative but it's much heavier & needs a lot of modifications (whoopie slings, better suspension rope, etc...). Also it's not as comfortable as the BB. The Blackbird has an assymetrical design indeed. We feel there are a lot of very detailed reviews on the net, we just write about the gear we really use.

Grtz,

Dimi

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've had a blackbird and sold it. Where they fall down for me is lack of visibility when relaxing through the day. Eno, dd etc win hands down for overall practicality imho.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
It's still not better visibility than a hammock that you can look across from either side or lay at any end to suit the view .......

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi and thanks for posting, in the future can you make sure that you post up the full review on Bushcraft UK rather than just a link to a review you've posted on your own blog which takes people from here to your own site.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks again for taking the time to post

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I read it and it felt like an advertisement than a review. Ok, you think it is great, and that is good, but your review just seems to say "it is the best, believe me". That's not a review, it is an opinion.

I've no doubt that it is a very good hammock system (I've heard as much elsewhere) but I would have liked a little less hyperbole and a bit more information.

Of course, that's just my opinion too.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
I clicked on this thread for a review but found a link to elewhere. Personally I don't follow links, it's like motorway services that are not on the motorway; I carry on to the next one. :eek:

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
I don't have a hammock but am looking to get one. Can you clarify the weight comment. The DD frontline, according to their website is 850g but you say your hammock is 900g so surely the DD one is lighter not 'much heavier'?

The post does also smack as advertising through the back door, and I just assumed you should be paying the forum to advertise for sales?

Thanks.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Why are folk suddenly so exercised about a 2014 post :dunno:

Google picks it up. Mind you, I've woken many a necro thread myself by not looking at the date of the last post.:27:

I want to try a Warbonnet some day, I still haven't found my grail hammock. The Claytor was good, but Claytor himself wasn't good at all over the saggy tarp issue and basically told me "where to put it". Should have just bought a new tarp in hindsight, but I was fuming at his attitude and my costs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE