wanted - wool blankets

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am after some wool blankets for converting into clothing and bedding rolls.
They must be PURE wool as I will be dying them...lighter colours would also be an advantage for this!
I have lots of bits to trade from trekking size rucksacks to fire starting kits, multi person tents to leather pouches.
I am also interested in sheath quality leather if folk have no blankets....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for that - but I realy want to trade as I am gear rich and cash poor (its a work thing...)
I hate parting with cash!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Dougster
You saw the pain on my face as you had me withdraw blue paper from my wallet.......:eek: !!
You also saw what I had with me to trade:cool:

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
If I had a wallet I would sell it to get some money.

But what would I then put that money in, as the holes in my pockets would surely cause me to lose those coins.

I could keep then below my pillow, but surely they would be lost in the straw and fall to the floor.

Aye, but they would be safe on the floor, as the mud and dirt would hide them from wanting eyes.

See tis best that thea has nay money ta cause thea any concern.

:sad6: I’ll get me coat.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am afraid I only have mega huge family camping tents - Khyam dome tent tents with room for 6(Ultra dome?) and 10. Easy to put up good but used condition.
AS they weigh a fair old bit delivery could be a problem....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How many blankets are we talking here ?...........bear in mind I buy lots of them to make padded armour linings and while in very good condition they won't be new. They will be clean and white or cream though.

cheers,
Toddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am only realy after about a dozen blankets - tops!
BUT
If you are interested in the tents Toddy I am sure we could come to some sort of trade...
I want the blankets to turn into "Dark Ages"/Bushcrafty clothing (plus blanket roll sleeping systems) and I know that you have certain skills......:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am only realy after about a dozen blankets - tops!
BUT
If you are interested in the tents Toddy I am sure we could come to some sort of trade...
I want the blankets to turn into "Dark Ages"/Bushcrafty clothing (plus blanket roll sleeping systems) and I know that you have certain skills......:)

Sounds do-able, I'm away for the weekend, I'll be in touch when I get home though......once I've contacted my blanket supply man that is :D

cheers,
M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sounds do-able, I'm away for the weekend, I'll be in touch when I get home though......once I've contacted my blanket supply man that is :D

cheers,
M

The bigger tent I can hardly lift so posting it is out realy...do you ever visit Wales?:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just for the Moot, but I know a company that shift anything ( well, up to six full bolts of 60" wide fabric) for £15. :D

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE