wanted tomahawk

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Samon, is that a four hole ocarina? If so I've never seen one with the whistle at the bottom, is it hand made?

(probably some sort of fancy sharpening stone, slopes off into corner ;-)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
It a takedown?

aye, it's a cold steel trail hawk! I've shortened the handle - top and bottom. added lanyard hole, convexed the edge, lightly beared the underside and removed all the paint and forging marks. The handle has been waxes and oiled and has a home made sheath!

Samon, is that a four hole ocarina? If so I've never seen one with the whistle at the bottom, is it hand made?

(probably some sort of fancy sharpening stone, slopes off into corner ;-)

yep, that's a four hole ocarina and it's from a shop! most smaller ocarinas have 4 holes, it's only when you buy larger ones or the sweet potatoe shape ones where you get loads of holes! I have small collection of them, but that one is nice as it's so small and a pendant!

Another picutre of the hawk mate..

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
hey Aron, when you get them made up id defo be interested in one mate. id love to see what you've got tucked away.. especially after seeing the amazing car boots you have in france. ;)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
hey Aron, when you get them made up id defo be interested in one mate. id love to see what you've got tucked away.. especially after seeing the amazing car boots you have in france. ;)

Will do Matt. Maybe I ought to dig out the entire stash of axes, billhooks etc I've got snaffled away and take a group photo? Yeah, might just do that soon.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Im drooling all over the laptop and i havent even seen the pictures yet lol :rolleyes:

Cheers mate!!

Last edited:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Why is it that threads like this leave me thinking - Hey, why didn't I think of posting here yesterday.

I'm after a trail hawk, myself - something sizeable that can complement a WW2 Khukri, but will "take down" when necessary.

As a backstop I'll get one from Ebay or Heinnie - but if anyone has one that is sat around doing nothing - let me know,

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE