Wanted - Self cocking crossbow pistol and bolts

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
I have one around somewhere, needs a new prod. I'll speak to local archery shop tomorrow and see what a replacement would cost. (Speant a fair bit with them this year so may get a 'deal')
If the price they ask is fair I'll get back to you and see if we can sort something.

Duncan

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Had a chat with the shop. Apparently they don't stock spares. But they do have a new batch due in and there's often ones that are damaged or missing parts so can be canabalised.

He'll get back to me when they are in and checked. If he can help I'll get back and see if you're sorted.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Got the updated version of the Armex pistol crossbow from the second link there. I bought it for general plinking. Very impressed with it, but it's certainly no toy. At 25 yards it's very accurate and still has enough punch to put a bolt 1" into a pine tree.

Brilliant fun for the money.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Got the updated version of the Armex pistol crossbow from the second link there. I bought it for general plinking. Very impressed with it, but it's certainly no toy. At 25 yards it's very accurate and still has enough punch to put a bolt 1" into a pine tree.

Brilliant fun for the money.
Don't seem to bad. Just £10 dearer at £37.50 inc. postage

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Just dug it out and had some fun with it. Destroyed a phone book at 30 yards, not bad for a toy.

Oh, Wolfcub, if you need a new prong for it, they are on ebay today at £12.

original45

Feb 22, 2012
west midlands
the early armex cobra are powerful 80lb .but have a problem ,string ware from the brass coloured cocking rail on either side .the latest armex 80 self cocking bow has a solid deck so no nasty wear,the alloy frame models are better .if you get or have one please look inside the limb carrier as alloy sharp ridges are left and need to be filed off.providing the rubber buffers are placed either side the limb within the carrier the limbs are fantastic and will last you can shrink wrap tube them like barnetts limbs to help protect them or use insulation tape ..if you want to increase speed "power" remove 1mm of alloy from carrier top making sure its left flat and true.lube your deck with silicon oil to speed up again and reduce string wear.you can add preload again with a 1 to 2 mm spacer behind limb but wiill stiffen trigger effort ,try a soft grip rubber tube over trigger to ease the hard feel on your finger makes it a little bigger area to pull too..enjoy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE