Wanted: plow disc...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Bit of an unusual request I know but I'm after a plow disc or a disc harrow.

If any of you live on a farm then you might have a couple kicking around. If so I'd be willing to pay for postage etc.

The disc harrow looks like this:

image.jpg

a normal plow disc is just round without the spikes. Either would do me fine.

I'm after a nice big thick one if at all possible. Send me a pm and we can work out a swap.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I was just wondering :eek:, he's been doing stuff about Rogue tools recently and they are made from these sort of things.

I don't think dad will have any on our farm, but I can ask him to ask around if you would like.

Cheers

Grebby

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I was just wondering :eek:, he's been doing stuff about Rogue tools recently and they are made from these sort of things.

I don't think dad will have any on our farm, but I can ask him to ask around if you would like.

Cheers

Grebby

That would be great Grebby. Cheers mate

Andy

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I sawdad today. He doesn't have any and doesn't really think anyone local would have either:(

If he does happen across something he will let me know.

Sorry...

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
No worries Grebby. Thanks for making enquiries anyway.

There's some being sold on eBay, but the seller hasn't got back to me.

All the best
Andy

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Will have an ask around failing that there's a farm machinery sale ground near me called Cheffins?? Maybe try them

Sent from somewhere?

Tim Lloyd

May 6, 2014
Dorset
Hey Andy, I've also been after some for a while to turn into firepits. I've just had a chat with a big contractor who work the fields around my workshop, last week they just skipped a bucket load of them but he is going to give me a ring when they change over the next lot. Plus when they bin any other bits of 'scrap' metal :) More than happy to post any to you if it comes through but really to say ask some big local farm contractors near you. It's the right time of year for them to be out with the harrows.

The problem with all the farmers I know who own there own machines are that they so tight they will probably wear the discs down to the hubs before changing them!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE