Wanted Perforated stainless steel sheet to make a trivet to go inside a camp oven.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Information were you got yours would be as good as the item itself here ( and I can live without " google it" Or "Ebay" here ) but I'm looking to make a trivet to go inside a 15 inch spun steel camp oven. Currently I am using a flimsy pizza tray held up on bolts but since postage from Oz is now prohibitively expensive I would want to make my own rather than order one. What I need is a disc or square of perforated sheet steel 14 or 15 inch across 1.5 to 2mm thick with about 10mm holes pitched at 14 to 16 mm, (round or hexagonal doesn't matter) that I can screw to a disc of wood so I can batter the edge over and then trim so the disc is held at least half a inch above the bottom of the oven.

Basically I want to make one of these.

Stainless steel would be best but mild steel would do.

Have cash and trade goods but as I said info of a good cheap supplier youve actually used yourself would be just as good.

Thanks!

Tom

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
My local B and Q has quite a bit of sheet with various holes and varying prices. I don't think you will get stainless from them, but if they are not far away maybe worth a look at the metal stock rack.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
What about repurposing the grill from a disposable barbie, would that work ? buy a couple and overlap them/ bolt them together, bend them to shape.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nice that some ones selling Hillbilly gear in the UK, I had to get a mate to forward me my 410mm comedy frying pan. Unfortunately the trivet they do is too small for my 15 inch camp oven and I prefer the more holey sort.

There's a B and Q in Bury but I don't think I will be going near it this week, I hadn't realised they do metal stock. I do need to get some about 1/4 inch rod to make a simple folding trivet.

I'll have a look at the disposable barbies but I think the mesh may be a bit light for my purposes.

Thanks for the input folks.

Atb

Tom

K

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Nice that some ones selling Hillbilly gear in the UK, I had to get a mate to forward me my 410mm comedy frying pan. Unfortunately the trivet they do is too small for my 15 inch camp oven and I prefer the more holey sort.

There's a B and Q in Bury but I don't think I will be going near it this week, I hadn't realised they do metal stock. I do need to get some about 1/4 inch rod to make a simple folding trivet.

I'll have a look at the disposable barbies but I think the mesh may be a bit light for my purposes.

Thanks for the input folks.

Atb

Tom

K
Yes you might want to check that store has metal stock if thats the only reason to visit. My local is a megastore so has loads of stuff. can be a bit pricey but convenient.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE