Wanted - Plant and Tree ID Books please.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have recently bought The Wild Flower Key (Francis Rose) and Wild Flowers of Britain and Ireland (Blamey, Fitter and Fitter) but haven't really used them yet. However, from reading various reviews, these seem to be the standard guides for amateur work.

Geoff

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Collins wild flowers pocket guide for plants
Trees little gem for trees.

Little gem guides are pretty good considering their size and price. You pay twice as much for for some guides with less information. Collins as a publisher seem to check their information thoroughly as their guides contain few errors. Kingfisher also make good field guides, with well researched information, but are formatted differantly and maybe more accessable to beginner.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I get on well with my Collins Complete British Wildlife - covers mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, spiders, mollucs, crustaceans, trees and shrubs, wild flowers, grasses rushes and sedges, lower plants and fungi that you are likely to find in the british isles.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Phil,

If you come for a drink on the 8th I can bring almost all of those suggested and a few more so you can "try before you buy"

Theres also the "BR photoguide to trees" under construction - hosting 200 original photos on 56k dialup is proving to be a chore though so I may skip it!

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Forget all them Phil....I have just the book for you.....The RHS encyclopedia of garden plants......over 15,000 plants and 6,000 photographs....It weighs a ton and has 1080 pages....It will fit in your backpack a treat mate.....;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE