WANTED Oak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
dad is going to a make a cemetery cross for a friend; Diocese say only oak can be used. (He was going to use Ash)

so he needs 2 bits, 2 inches by 4 by 3 foot long.

(or one bit 2 inches by 8 by 3 foot long....or thereabouts)

must be seasoned

I have lots to trade

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Those kind of dimensions are going to be a hell of a cost to post. Have a good google about for reclamation yards near-bye. You will get a bargain rather than purchasing new.
I do have some oak of that dimension but as I say postage would be horrible, more than the woods worth.

Cordhound

Jul 16, 2014
Mere, Wiltshire
I sourced a plank for a bench, which was 2"x1.5'x8', it cost a fair price but looks fantastic!
I could see if I can get another one, and bring to the moot if your going?

Cordhound

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
How much was your plank?

Its a good offer, Cordhound, but Im not sure what their spending limit is: Ill try to find out.

Also I get the impression that they want it ASAP...

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I may have some nearby (well I say I may, my neighbour may as he keeps oak for smoking and cuts it on an as needed basis). I will see if he has the sizes and is willing to trade.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
If he does have some, you'd likely need to collect however, I am located in south bedfordshire (between luton and dunstable) is that going to be an issue?

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I am sure it could be arranged, I still need to talk to him however, he works shifts so I will grab him Saturday when he is off and ask. What are you offering in trade (for when he asks).

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
honestly I don't know. I know he'd love a chainsaw, but that is too much to ask! haha.

Just list up what's on offer, I'll put it all his way and let you know :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My father has a chainsaw, but I have no idea what it is, is he willing to get rid of it, does it work and can he even find it...Ill sort a list later

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its an EFCO 131

He fuelled it up, but it leaks for some reason...he didn't dare start it.

What does your friend think?

I have
a mixed collection of vintage rucksacks
a berghaus Vulcan with side pouches
a few bill hooks
a few hatchets

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Hatchets will probably be what he wants. I'll put the list to him Saturday when he's off work.

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Spoke with his wife. She said either the chainsaw (doesn't matter if that leaks) or the hatchets depending on what there is.

She isn't sure it's oak but I've worked with some of the wood and I'm reasonably sure some of it is.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE