WANTED: Maker for a Bushcraft Travel Belt

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Dear Makers,

I'm seeking something a little different - specifically a bushcraft money belt. I've some travelling coming up this summer and want to keep a few notes and a card away from thievin' little scrotes.

My original idea was to have something pretty standard with a zip on the inside to hide the cash, but that would render it rather useless as a strop or lashing. I've had another idea: I want to copy my backup cartridge pouch, but make it into a wallet.

The pictures show you what I've already got. Very simple, the belt slips through the hoops. Dimensions are 175mm x 80mm, and it will accept a 60mm belt.

What I want to put together is something very similar, but instead of the cartridges, it needs to have a wallet pouch in which I can keep a couple of credit cards and some cash. The idea is that when out and about in the UK, it's just a belt wallet, but when I'm travelling I turn it round so that the popper is on the inside of the belt - that means nobody can get to it and it should be pretty discrete.

The material would ideally be saddle leather or calf leather, just a few mm thick so that it's reasonably soft and flexible. If it could be lined with oilsking that would be even better. Might need to use pop fastenings so that they don't dig in when it's on the inside of the belt.

This is a little what I'd imagine it to look like from the outside.

Is anyone up for making such a thing? You're welcome to pinch the design and make more!

Cheers,

Tobes

Attachments

• L1020452.jpg
    L1020452.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 122
  • L1020453.jpg
    L1020453.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 120
  • L1020454.jpg
    L1020454.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 122
  • L1020455.jpg
    L1020455.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 118

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I contacted Mark a few weeks back when I ordered a pouch from him (which is a cracking bit of kit) but he's not got back to me...

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just as a side issue. I got myself one of those travel wallets that loop onto your belt. The beauty of this is that it hangs down inside your trousers. Granted it does mean whenever you have to get you money out it means you undoing your belt undoing your flies then fishing about inside your trousers ... which, no doubt, might upset the Nun if you're buying something from her or land you in jail. But you can't win all the time eh?

Hope you get what you want, post pics I'm keen to see this piece.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Many thanks, I'll give Geoff a try.

I tend to wear Fjallraven shorts and trousers, which have a hidden inside pocket that will fit a passport, but I'm keen to have a slightly more eccentric solution :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE