Wanted - light duty petrol chainsaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Just got me a wood fired oven :) and a decent supply of wood but it needs turning from trunks into logs.

I looked into hiring a chainsaw for the job and I think it probably wont cost very much more to buy one second hand.

I know nothing about them really - used one about ten years ago and still remember (have looked it up to remind myself) about the safety of using one but wouldn't know a good one from a bad one.

Does anyone have an old spare sitting around that could use a new home?

Thanks!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have looked into this too.

I saw a Stihl ST211 for 300 in our local dealer, then found the Husqvarna equivalent for £210 in the local farm shop.

They do intro and maintenance advice too, as well as no BS guidance on what safety kit you need.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Argos do a cheap, but reasonably good one for about £100 with a 2 year guarentee. I know someone who logged tonnes of timber and then had a problem starting it. (after a years hard use) He took it back and they immediately gave him a new one with a new guarentee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE