Wanted!! Empty 35mm film canisters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Does anyone have any empty 35mm film canisters floating around that They would like to donate to me?

If you do or know of anywhere I can get me hands on some, please PM me.

Cheers

Snarf

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
try your local Boots or photo processing store (tesco etc) I always used to get a bagfull when I went in and asked - they seemed quite thankfull too

I don't think I have any left lying around but I'll have look for you

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Cheers buddy!!

try your local Boots or photo processing store (tesco etc) I always used to get a bagfull when I went in and asked - they seemed quite thankfull too

I don't think I have any left lying around but I'll have look for you

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
The clue is in the name folks - digital - the image is digitised and no matter how small those digits are they cant equal film for image quality.....anyway, I digress - good tip on the processors/developers, never thought of that! ;)

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Thanks again for the tip - saw the nice lady in Boots today and she was most obliging (thats 'Boots' the chemist incidently :))
I got the impression she'd have been quite happy if i'd turned up with a trailer!

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
The clue is in the name folks - digital - the image is digitised and no matter how small those digits are they cant equal film for image quality.....anyway, I digress - good tip on the processors/developers, never thought of that! ;)

from what i understand the quality of typical 35mm film is roughly equal to about 16M digital cameras. Seeing as 12M cameras are pocket change these days its all much a muchness.

That said, it does look professional to use film and tripod :)

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org

Of course, the grain size on film isn't a form of quantisation... or is it?

budgetbus

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2010
Nuneaton
from what i understand the quality of typical 35mm film is roughly equal to about 16M digital cameras. Seeing as 12M cameras are pocket change these days its all much a muchness.

That said, it does look professional to use film and tripod :)

Any comparison does not stand up....it depends on the type of film, speed and the speed that the film is used at.

I find the digital V's film thing very boring, i use both....digital and 35MM & medium format....its a tool, that is all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE