Glasses cases

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
To cut a story short, I have old glasses to donate to charity.

Two carriers full.

But they dont want the cases

So, I will have a lot.

Any idea as to projects for them?

(and anyone want some? PM me)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yep, I use the soft ones for all sorts. Right now I’m looking at one that is holding cotton wool balls, a big ferro and an Opinel saw. I have another that holds little gadgets and key ring stuff that I’ve been given and never remember that I own when I could use them! It sits at the bottom of my rucksack.
They make very good pocket protectors for small tools.

I too have some sprung hard cases but cannot think of a use for them - I don’t even keep my specs in one.

Reactions: Toddy

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I use mine for pens and small tools when travelling.

I once got a parcel where someone had used one to protect a watch that they were sending me. Thought it rather clever of them.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They make good remarkably secure storage for things in camp kits. From hussif to firelighting. Even just things like easy access pack for elastoplast and sterile wipes and disposable gloves
Because they come different colours it's easy to know what's in them.

I don't think they're terribly airtight or waterproof, but they're robust and easy to pack and easy to find.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've used mine for years to carry medication in, rather than carry boxes of tablets around. I pop the required number of days worth out of their plastic bubbles, best thing I've ever found for the purpose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE