Wanted.Duluth bushcraft pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
As the title says. I would like one of these if anyone has one they fancy getting rid of.I could buy or trade , I have some nice shiney knives that I could trade:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw Coln18's at Loch Lomond a few weeks ago, great looking bit of kit and built like a tank.

If all else fails Tamarack sell them for £300 less your BCUK discount :)

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I saw Coln18's at Loch Lomond a few weeks ago, great looking bit of kit and built like a tank.

If all else fails Tamarack sell them for £300 less your BCUK discount :)

Christ! at that price I'd expect a Sherpa as part of the package to carry it for me...............Nice packs but what a rip off:dunno::pokenest:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hi

Yep I have already checked them out and I may well get one from them. Just thought I might be able to help some one on here re-cycle some of there kit and save myself a couple of quid in the process:)
How was your mates for space? They look enough from the pics I have seen but nothing like seeing in the flesh

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How was your mates for space? They look enough from the pics I have seen but nothing like seeing in the flesh

Yeah it was pretty big alright, what with his Duluth bedroll too it looked quite the part.

Frost River do some similar packs too, might be worth looking over the pond for a bargain.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Have a look at either LL Bean or Cabelas, both US retailers but one of them does one at $99. It looks nice and their own kit is usually v good. Mind you there'll be a delay in airmail postage.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Have a look at either LL Bean or Cabelas, both US retailers but one of them does one at $99. It looks nice and their own kit is usually v good. Mind you there'll be a delay in airmail postage.

If you mean the LLBean classic rucksack in waxed canvas, I wouldn't get it, I had it and the leather on it was not to good, instead of normal bridle leather they used 2 layers of soft leather sown together with some nylon fabric between it to keep the leather from stretching, that didn't work as they planned though and the "in between" nylon fabric shed threads like crazy and the leather stretched a lot especially the shoulder strap ones.

The rest was OK, nicely lined inside even the side and front pocket etc. but not really a "Bushcraft" canvas rucksack.

Cheers,

Bagheera

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hi all, The Duluth Bushcrafter is expensive but well worth the money in my opinion. Size, not sure what it is in litres but its easily bigger than my 45ltr sabre with side pockets, but with the compression side straps can pack down for a nice overnight pack.

This is a pack that is built to last and as Rich say will outlast us all, i love the front pockets features and the axe storage on the front is a great idea...

In my opinion well worth it...try taking a look on Bushcraft Norhwest website for the video of the review...it will give you a great idea about it.. that where i got it from...

Col...

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Thanks coln.
Have you tried straping a small tent to the fixing points on the lid if so is it stable or does it move around?
I feeling pretty sold on this pack and I think it will hold everthing I need on a trip I have planned soon but I think my small tent will have to go on the outside

Ta:)

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
your tent would go on the lid, but i tend to put tents or bedrolls tucked under the lid and pull tight with the leather straps, that way there is no moving about.

But you could easily place as tent in the main compartment as long as your not taking your kitchen sink on your trip...

Col...

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Afraid not Salad, too be honest i wouldnt even sell the Bushcrafter for a profit, i just love the feel and look of it and its sooo roomy and easy to pack. i havent used my sabre 45 in about 8 months since i got the Bushcrafter.

Any way best of luck in your search for one and i hope you get one at a good price...

Col...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE