Wanted Deer sinew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Does anyone have, or know where I can lay my hands on, a deer tendon that I can turn into some sinew?

I am after something to wind on feather flights for hazel arrows.

:)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Marts, when i was at the wilderness gathering i was speaking to Andrew and Carrie from Nomad Bushcraft and i think he mentioned he used this to lash his flint arrow heads on. Might be worth a shot, although i think i heard someone say a lot of places are still having problems getting hold of sinew since the foot and mouth problems. :confused:

http://www.nomadbushcraft.com/

Good luck :)

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
Good Morning: Go to www.hideandfur.com They sell sinew at reasonable prices.
I have perhaps two and a half gallon bags of dried whitetail deer leg sinew that has not as yet been processed. I always remove all available sinew from deer I've harvested and also have friends who collect it for me from hunting clubs. If you'd like a bit, let me know and I'll send you some though you'll need to process it yourself. Best to You......Directdrive

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Cheers Guys and thanks for the offer Directdrive.

Think I'm going to go with Grooveski's suggestion as there are a few other bits and pieces that have caught my eye on the Richard Head site.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE