WANTED: Decent catapult for hunting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nuthatch

Jun 22, 2010
Kent
Hi Davebromley I make catapults for hunting if you are interested I can send pics via phone Just pm me with your number

nuthatch

Jun 22, 2010
Kent
Hopefully they come out as ive not put pics up on here before

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 253
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 251

nuthatch

Jun 22, 2010
Kent
Looks like it worked then here is more.
Here is my new kiddiepult aswell

Attachments

• photo 2-1.jpg
    photo 2-1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 249
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 247

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If you put Therabands on that catty, it would be much better, hunting with that old stuff is not really efficient and humane in this day and age. The Fish Hunter catty with Theraband Gold, puts out more energy than a non FAC airgun.

nuthatch

Jun 22, 2010
Kent
They are more powerful granted but the square elastic is more than powerful enough to kill believe me, I use it on a regular basis myself and is enough for a clean kill at sensible range

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
idealy I want one with a forearm support to help with accuracy I won't be hunting with it straight away as it's been a long time since ive used one lol and i need to get my eye in

Thanks
Dave

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
idealy I want one with a forearm support to help with accuracy I won't be hunting with it straight away as it's been a long time since ive used one lol and i need to get my eye in

Thanks
Dave

Might just be me, but I found my accuracy was much better without a support. All the support did was let me pull harder on the elastic, which wasn't really required. The support restriced how I could hold the catti.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I use a black widow with some of Fish's Theraband gold on them, which for me is a pretty good setup as I like the wrist support; I have one of Fish's hunter ones but find my wrist gets tired after a few shots. Best way to parctice I have found is to get a bit of garden netting (I use 8'x8') hanging up with a fold at the base to catch the balls. Then put out 4 or so coke cans, stand back 20 yards & work on getting your sight in, holding the catty at 90 degress so the 2 forks are parallel to the ground. Then just keep sending those .44 lead musket balls down range until you can hit the cans 8 or 9 times out of ten. Only then should you think about altering the range. Works for me anyway.

I chronoed mine at my airgun club & it was doing 19 foot/pounds on average, so over half as much again as a non-FAC air rifle.

crimsonred

Mar 20, 2010
shropshire
just out of interest, what sort of range can you take down quarry with these cattys- i can take out a rabbit at 50 yards first shot on a .22 air rifle, are you able to catty at that range?

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I very much doubt it- not first shot. Can you hit a target at 50m? Yes. It would be difficult to hit and kill anything at 50m tho. What have you done to the air rifle to make it accurate to 50m. You need to get it patented and speak to Air Arms to market it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE