WANTED: Climbing grade webbing & Carabiner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

W0lf

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2009
London
Hi,

I am looking for a good online supplier for climbing grade webbing (hopefully in green!!! But not overly necessary...). I am looking to update my hammock attachment points to something which uses carabiners and webbing ...

ATB, W0lf.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hey W0lf, for carabiners for hammocks I'd suggest a set of Nano 23s. They're one of the lightest carabiners on the market and ain't too dear either.

For webbing you have plenty of choices, have a look over on hammockforums and you'll see what I mean.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
I use these:
http://www.dmmclimbing.com/productsDetails.asp?pid=3&pid2=239

With the variant of "quicklock" type for camping, or Locksafe for climbing. The extra size of the DMM Boa gives you loads of space to connect multiple things to the same point (for my hammock, you can connect both the hammock and also the rucksack to drag it off the ground. Equally, the quicklock system means that you get the advantage of a locking carabiner, but that doesn't require loads of screwing (it's easily done one-handed). For climbing, the locksafe variant is pretty similar, but requires a push up, rotate, un-clip, rather than just rotate un-clip of the quicklock.

The phantom (mentioned above) is great too if you just need a wire gate carabiner, but I wouldn't tow any cars with them!

Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE