Wanted: carbon blade for EKA Masur

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Morning All,

I recently purchased an EKA folder with a lovely Masur birch handle which I intended to use as a bushcraft folder. It's a great knife in most respects and has a scandi grind which I like. However, the blade is stainless and I'm wondering if anyone here knows someone who might make a carbon blade for it, or indeed would be willing to have a bash themselves at making one.

I would be mighty obliged if you could point me in the right direction of someone to talk to.

I think this knife would be an absolute cracker if it could throw a good spark and could be easily sharpened in the field which a carbon blade would allow.

Any takers for this project? Pretty please....

M

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
can you remove the blade from the handle easily enough? you can get 01 toolstock steel in 3mm from RS electronics or cromwell tools for less than a tenner, if youd consider doing it youself, then it would be really special to you?

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Yeah, you can take the blade out handy enough, but I'm just not sure I'd be skilled enough to actually do the work on the blade, especially around the locking mechanism.

I could try and give it a bash, but if a maker here did one I think it would turn out a lot better.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE