Wanted axe mask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi guys, after a cheap little axe mask for a draper hatchet, anyon got one lying around? I'm up for paypal !
cheers wilderbeast

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Why not pop into a charity shop for a leather bag, then make your own.

If you've no access to a sewing machine, use leather strips {thong}.

Simple shape, easy to handle, no big deal if its not Gucci!

Give it a try, I guess you'd enjoy the experience.

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
the leather from a bag might be to thin - both Gransfors and Wetterlings appear to be constructed in about 2 to 3mm thick chrome tan- personaly I use 3-5mm veg taned leather when making them.

I would agree with Hexi - making one will be very rewarding, and it'll fit just right - you don't want it slipping off whilst in transit, that could make a nasty mess of any gear stored adjacent.

That said I have an old Wetterlings mask kicking about - do you have some dims for your hatchet - Bit length, distance from the toe to the junction between the shoulder and the poll should do it...

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Oh, I get it.
There was me thinking of some kind of gimp mask, or a Friday the 13th type thing.
An axe sheath...
I made one from some thick leather I got from a shoe repairers. Try them, or a saddler.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE