Wanted: arctic/cold weather gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Hi guys, I'm off on a trip to northern Norway in March. Planning to be outside a lot in very cold, snowy weather, hopefully hunting the Northern Lights. I'm after some seriously warm clothing as I get cold easily.

Things I'm after:

Arctic mitts
Fur lined trapper hat
Arctic boots size 9
Some kind of softie or down jacket
Thermal trousers
Fur bits for boot lining
To be honest I'd consider any arctic surplus and any advice on things I might not have thought of

I'm likely to be a small (size 10 lady) but don't mind bulking up

I have various things to swap and limited funds so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got a pair of the snugpak softie trousers, but as you are a size 10, i'm guessing that as they're a large they won't fit !.

Rob

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Thanks for the offers. The Snugpak softies will be too big and I think the Jack Wolfskin down trousers will be too.

I'm looking into getting some salopettes on ebay.

I am still after a trapper hat and snow boots size 9ish

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The boots posted above are very warm, being the older Canadian manufactured boots. They are better quality than the newer chinese boots. Baffin run very small for the size and they should fit a size 8 or 9 foot, especially if you don't have too wide feet.

Some cracking deals will start to be put up soon, usually start in Feb for new winter boots.

What kind of trip will you be doing? Guided? Bushcrafty? are you going to be spending much time round the fire at night or back to accomodation?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE