Wanted about 2 foot of narrow tablet woven braid.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
To finish off the Frankish longseax and scabbard I've been working on I'd like to have a binding/peace cord around the mouth of the scabbard. Basically a couple of turns of tape tied and shrunk on with a long tail that can be wrapped around the grip of the seax and hitched round a toggle or bead on the front of the scabbard to secure it in place.

so what I'd like to buy or trade is a couple of feet of 1/4 inch wide tablet woven linen tape, dyed with natural dyes.

ATB

Tom

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you want the fingerwalked braided stuff like those points have, then I'll do it for you Tom, otherwise, well, I have the linen threads and spare tablets. If I warped up you could persuade one of the lads to weave a couple of feet for you ? Or Susannah might do it for you (cyclingrelf). Andrew Kiernan is working full time now having finished his textile degree, so my own favourite weaver isn't available.
Somewhere I have a half woven warp of silk. You could finish that if you're feeling keen :D

Ask Wayland, Debs was doing some braids too.......ah, hear, while I mind, I have some cotton stuff that would be brilliant for it, that I bought in Latvia from a farming museum and the lady wove it there and then. Blue and white, easily pass for linen and a very traditional design. I bought a metre.

atb,
Mary

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi Mary
thats very kind of you. Herself thinks she can do the finger walked (?) stuff if she can find a tutorial and can get hold of some natural dyed linen thread. Saying that I have that huge ball of that 1mm linen thread/cord, if that was dyed that would be ideal, possibly. I know zip about dyeing. Anyhoo this is looking promising! Before I stumbled on that German site I hadn't even considered points. I once carved T one of those lucet things, that's floating about somewhere.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE