Walking in Europe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
If you have the time (a month at least) then April is the ideal time to walk 'The Lycian way' in turkey, very cheap, some great beaches, good people, some of the walk isn't so gentle though but you can hitch a lift past the difficult bits if you need to.

Info from here

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
i've already walked some of the Lycian way and it was lush ;]

looks like i'm booking for Croatia!!! still not in the Euro so it shouldn't be too expensive!!!

Do you think i could camp on the beachs for a week?

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
I think from the link you can only stay in official campsites - as for beaches..........er........if you can find one :lmao: Croatia's famed for its volcanic coastline, I guess from when it split away from Italy/rest of Mediterranean in year dot. If you can find some sand, your welcome to it.

Just reminded me of a strange story of my travels there - in the north you have Pula; we spotted this this guy with sea kayak, fairly hefty video camera and a well travelled disposition. Thought nothing off it.
Over the course of about a 12-15 days we travelled down the coast; Zadar, Split, the island of Hvar and eventually down to Dubrovnik and we saw the same guy several times, either off in the distance and once out to sea. By car that's over 700km. Would to have loved to stop him, talk and shake his hand......

........wonder if he blogged? <bimbles off to search>

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Plitvice IS awesome!

DSCF1616.jpg

DSCF1621.jpg

My favourite shot
DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg

DSCF1665.jpg

Dunk, you could look into walking the Camino Santiago. There are many, many roads from all over Europe and many are supported every 20-30 km with aulburges or campgrounds.
You also can just camp outdoors, but the trails are nice.

You can see my walk at www.myspace.com/caminosantiago2

I walked from the Pyranees in France to the coast of Spain.
I'm going again this Fall but walking from Seville up to Santiago.
About 1000 km.

If you go to this forum website, you will see lists of the various roads.
At the top of each section, when you open it, are maps.
http://www.pilgrimage-to-santiago.com/board/

Take a look at some of the routes on this French site also.. the photos are incredible!
http://vppyr.free.fr/vpp-index-transversales.php3

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE