Waders - Help with DIY project

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
I've got some goretext type army trousers that I never wear, but am tempted to try and convert them to waders for trout fishing. I've tried filling a section with water to see how waterproof they are, and they seem 100% with no ingress. Now, I'm tempted to stitch goretext or neoprene type sock into them and over the top wear wading boots.
I'm confident I can stitch the socks on neatly, the only thing is sealing the stitching. Anyone know a good (but cheap) way of sealing seams on clothing (the trousers will need the stitching sealed just to be on the safe side. I'm loking to do it all as cheaply as possible, as shop bought goretex waders aren't massively expensive, adn if the cost of making my own comes close to shop bought, there's not much point in doing it.

Thanks.

vildor

Nov 6, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
Contact Adhesive or neoprene glue (you can get it from a dive or surf store. some fishing stores should have it also). And use some rot proof thread like heavy duty nylon thread.

It should work (that's how wet\drysuits are fixed), but try it (if possible) in a smaller piece of fabric and test it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE