Virus Alert.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I have just received an email from a mate, here's the content.

"Subject: Fw: Virus

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored. This virus acts in the following manner:

It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title: "A Card for You". As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the control+alt+ delete keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New
York, according to news broadcast by CNN. This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself. So *don't open *any mails with subject: *"A Virtual Card for You. *" As soon as you get the mail, *delete it *!! Even if you know the sender !!! *

Please pass this mail to all of your friends. *

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I'm sure most people, like myself, would rather receive this notice 25 times than not at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mutley

Forager
May 6, 2005
Yep, never trust e-mails especially when they say "most destructive ever". Goto a security site like McAfee or Norton, they give you the latest news all the time and what to watch out for too. ;)

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
Get a Mac. It's great fun watching useless .EXE files download themselves then do absolutely nothing :D

Those alarmist hoax virus warnings are a virus in themselves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE