Vintage Rossdale British Army Ventile Cadet type Smock.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
That's a very interesting smock - looks great, have you got any info. about it?

No info Im afraid and cannot remember where I bought it,was bought thinking it was an Army Cadet Windproof Smock a good few years ago but turned out to be this-sorry cannot help any more.

Thanks

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
The buttons are wrong for ye-olde cadet smock and I don't think thay were made in ventile for the cadets .
I have seen pictures of the Royal Marines wearing a simler smock but it maybe a civilian smock as that style was popular in the up to the 70s
very nice smock ...

Twodogs

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
The buttons are wrong for ye-olde cadet smock and I don't think thay were made in ventile for the cadets .
I have seen pictures of the Royal Marines wearing a simler smock but it maybe a civilian smock as that style was popular in the up to the 70s
very nice smock ...

Twodogs

I have since managed to pick up a couple of the issue cadet smocks and apart from the material and buttons are identical and yes,there is quite a well known pic of a group of RM chaps during the Falklands wearing a similar smock.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Where did you pick up the smocks their pretty rare? I've seen a few of the cadet smocks on ebay but have never seen a Ventile one for sale.

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Where did you pick up the smocks their pretty rare? I've seen a few of the cadet smocks on ebay but have never seen a Ventile one for sale.

I in all honesty cannot remember as have had it for a while now but think it probably came from Ebay around 6-7 years ago?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE