View new posts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
seems to be working here mate.
i know there was a problem with the DNS for the domain, which seems to have caused havok with that function..

Give it a day or so, when your DNS has updated it should work for you.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I had the same problem yesterday mate ... it's work itself out as soon as the domain records have updated fro you.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Have you tried clearing the browser internet cache? Might help.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Couple of questions ...

1 - What browser are you using?
2 - Have you cleared your internet cache and tried logging out and back in again?

Raz said:
Still no joy :(
Can anyone walk me through some possible solutions?

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I've got the same problem. Also every time I return to the main index it appears that the system logs me on again. So it shows time of last visit about 1 minute before time of this visit.......

I've tried clearing internet history and all of my cookies but no joy.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
What browser are you using?
martin said:
I've got the same problem. Also every time I return to the main index it appears that the system logs me on again. So it shows time of last visit about 1 minute before time of this visit.......

I've tried clearing internet history and all of my cookies but no joy.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
It's a long shot, but are you accessing the forum through a favorite link in your browser? If so, get to it through the BushcraftUK main page:

http://www.bushcraftuk.co.uk

Click on Community at the top.

See if that helps.

As a matter of curiosity, when you clear your cache, do you have to enter your username and password again? Also, what exactly are you seeing? Can you take some screenshots of the problem?

Thanks!

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Make sure you have the "Log me on automatically each visit:" box checked. Otherwise it keeps logging out.

HTH! :-D

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
Ok, I cleared the cache (I do that daily with Norton) then deleted the cookie, re-booted, re-signed in, re-accepted the cookie, but the problem persists.

The problem is; although when I return, there are obviously new posts, (yellow icons on relevant forums, with date & time stamp of last post).
When I click “view new posts”, it returns "no new posts", when obviously there have been.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Are you on AOL too Raz? I'm wondering it it is a proxy issue with your ISP ... are you using Internet Explorer? If you are, you can try the following ...

Click Tools then Internet Options ...
Click the Connections tab
If you are on dial up, click Settings
Click the Advanced button
You'll see a text box titled "Exceptions". Into that, type the following:
[code:1:eda517b0e8]www.bushcraftuk.co.uk[/code:1:eda517b0e8]
Click OK, OK and OK, close the browser and reopen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE