Video Editor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Hi all,
I have been using the Master's version of Video Pad Video Editor for a few years now. Yesterday I upgraded to the newest 6.10 version and it just isn't working. NCH software are refunding the full cost as they are unable to help me,
My question is therefore to all on here who like to edit their videos, what software do you use?
I'd like an editor that is user friendly for oldtimers like myself and,
most importantly,
NOTHING too expensive
Anyone able to help me with this?
Thanks
:)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I use adobe premiere at work, a very old copy as we don't do too much video editing. [on a pc]

garethw

Settler
One worth checking out is DaVinci Resolve. The free version is very complete. It is a fairly complex app, but if you have the basics of ones like Adobe Première it is not too hard.
There are long tutorials online too.
Another one that is free and may be worth a look is the free version of Avid .. Avid is a main pro software used in most TV networks. The free version does a lot but is not as complete as DaVinci.
My currtent software is Premiere, I've been using it for many years and it is very good as it integrates with other Adobe software like After Effects and Photoshop.
All these are professional grade app's so you won't get lots of funky effects like on the amteur editing ones.
DaVinci in particular has a brilliant colour grading section.

bren73

Apr 18, 2015
Edinburgh
Hi Sundowner

Have a look at Adobe Premiere Elements https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere-elements.html?origref=https://www.google.co.uk/ it’s not free, but it’s really good for the money and has excellent learning resources built into it.

As an editor I use Premiere Pro and DaVinci most of the time, but I was really impressed with Premiere Elements as it has all the useful bits from Premiere Pro to make editing your videos really straightforward without all the boring pro bits you don’t need.

Bren

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Thanks to all of you
I just figured that i now haveanother problem. Downloaded Lightworks but couldn't run it as my laptop is just too old
That is why I had to settle for openshot, which so far hasn't frozen but takes a bit of getting used to it.
Thanks again for your suggestions

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE