Video camera?

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Can anyone recommend a cheap (as in as cheap as possible) video camera that would be good for the outdoors?

If it is impossible to get a good camera for the outdoors cheaply, please notify me of that too, because I don't know anything about this. ;) :)

Thanks in advance

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
what about one of teh £75ish digital ones that place slike maplins sell. Ive never tried one so cant reccomed them but its an idea. I can tell you that sand kills most camcorders as we found out from personal experiance, it only took one grain of sand :banghead:

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
torjusg said:
Can anyone recommend a cheap (as in as cheap as possible) video camera that would be good for the outdoors?

If it is impossible to get a good camera for the outdoors cheaply, please notify me of that too, because I don't know anything about this. ;) :)

Thanks in advance
Philex Wandcam pro portable camera£52.52

SANYO Xacti Digital Movie C40 Camcorder £129+P+P

ebay bidding at just over a tenner

I guess it depends on what you call cheap, and what you want it for. My In-Laws are in to filming people :confused: and use expensive DVD based cameras, but the stuff they shoot still looks cr4P.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
I had a look on these cameras, I don't know what to look for, that is a problem... :lmao:

I'll think I'll send a mail to that fella in Sweden and see what he uses. Bushcraft.se guy. Seems like his Iceland video is ready for downloading now too. :D

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Torjusg

I have a friend that videos a lot of wildlife especially wildfowl, his cameras get covered in salty mud, dropped, wet etc. so he buys secondhand, last years top of the range is never more than £150 and he once picked up a pucker TV type camera although it was heavy the quality was excellent.

Pothunter.

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
I've been looking for something in this line too...but got confused as to which recording format was best...mag tape or digital disk? any views?

I would be using it for recording seminars, lots of hours recording, any help would appreciated.

And likewise it needs to be cheap.

Thanks

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE