Victorinox Swiss Tool for Leatherman Wave

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

joshiecole

Apr 30, 2012
london
Hi there, I've got a good condition Victorinox Swiss Tool that I'd like to trade for a Leatherman Wave (or similar model). I've always wanted a Leatherman since I was 12. This Swiss Tool has seen little use apart from the metal saw which has been used. Let me know if you're interested!

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Joshie, feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but the Swisstool is (in my opinion) a much better tool than any Leatherman offering. The fit and finish and build quality is top of the class. If you have your heart set on a Leatherman though, have a bump on me!

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
I don't know about much heavier. I have the slightly smaller Spirit that I won in a competition on another forum. The donor said the Spirit would ruin me for all other multitools and he was right! Having looked at lots and lots of different tools since, nothing comes close to the Victorinox. No tool clumping, great tool choice, amazing quality, great Victorinox after service etc. The only criticism I have heard is that the handles can be slippery due to the finish.

joshiecole

Apr 30, 2012
london
I don't know about much heavier. I have the slightly smaller Spirit that I won in a competition on another forum. The donor said the Spirit would ruin me for all other multitools and he was right! Having looked at lots and lots of different tools since, nothing comes close to the Victorinox. No tool clumping, great tool choice, amazing quality, great Victorinox after service etc. The only criticism I have heard is that the handles can be slippery due to the finish.

You are probably right. It seems to be the consensus on most of the multitool forums that the Swiss Tool is much better made. But I've always wanted a wave or one of the old school Leathermans (old style super tools etc) and I had hoped that somebody might like to benefit from my sentimentality by swapping their Wave for my Swiss Tool.

The point seems to be moot since nobody has piped up with anything yet...

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I don't have a wave, but I do have a PST II in extremely good nick if that's any good to you?

Last edited:

joshiecole

Apr 30, 2012
london
Still available. Must be someone out there who would like to to take advantage of my offer to swap my Swiss Tool for their Wave.

joshiecole

Apr 30, 2012
london
It is the standard model with the serrated blade instead of scissors. It is in pretty good condition. The blades are in original factory edge condition. I have used the file a few times.

I also have the wrench/ bit adaptor and would be willing to throw that in too if the right offer came along. It does not come with a sheath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE