victorinox huntsman

T

tommy11

Does anyone have this knife?

I've got a spartan, which comes in very handy at times but I thought with the addition of scissors and saw blade the huntsman would be a good one to have.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I have used mine for years. I had a camper before the huntsman, but the addition of the scissors make the huntsman my absolute favourite SAK. The saw is not to be underestimated either.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I would by personal preference say the Camper of Farmer models but that 7 day shop price is a bargain for a huntsman and if you foresee a need for scissors you really cant go wrong

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I have a Huntsman, they are a great knife. I upgraded mine to the Huntsman Plus after a bottle of DEET opened up on it and melted the red scales. It now sports black scales with a ball point pen and stainless steel straight pin that have both come in handy. If you find you need scissors often then the Huntsman is a great model, if not I have been better served with the Farmer for every day carry. The drawback with the Huntsman is that it is a bit thick and heavy in the pocket, also as a non-drinker I have no use for the corkscrew. The awl opens to the side and I prefer it opening on the end like the Farmer, still it is a great combination of tools if you need them all.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I find the corkscrew good for unpicking knots in bootlaces or whatever when they are too tight to unpick by hand. Also a handy store for the wee screwdriver thing for glasses and suchlike.....

Cheers, Paul

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I find the corkscrew good for unpicking knots in bootlaces or whatever when they are too tight to unpick by hand. Also a handy store for the wee screwdriver thing for glasses and suchlike.....

Cheers, Paul

The only thing mine is missing is the little screwdriver. I have to get one to feel better about the corkscrew.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I think the scissors on my SAK are the blade that gets the most use.

Ditto, hardly a day goes by without the use of my Huntsman, brilliant Sak, couldn't do without it, even today I used it to cut some cord for guys on the tarp while doing a grill meal for the family. Next to a pen, I use this more than anything else, I reckon I could take the penis off a house fly in flight, with the blade. :)

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Yes, Huntsman is the best allround Swiss Army Knife in my opinion. The ideal compremise between size and features. Glyn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE