Very Proud

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
The family and i have just had a great day out with Help For Heroes, although i will state from the very beginning that the day was organised by H4H for eldest and not us, as a way of them saying thank you to him for his fund raising efforts.

We have known about the day for months, but the first eldest knew about it, was at 0930 this morning when we pulled into Tedworth House and he saw this sign and even then i don't think it immediately registered.

DSCN2573.jpg

We enjoyed a full tour of the facility at Tedworth and went to what the staff there call the "Tin Hut" where H4H was born, it was a fascinating and indeed humbling day, but it was a superb experience and lovely for eldest to see where his hard earned fund raising is used and to meet some of the people his efforts have helped.

One very poignant moment for me was when we sat down to lunch where an injured serviceman joined us, one of the first things he did was shake eldest's hand and say "thank you" directly to eldest's face, that, i think was the high point of my day and i have to admit, it also bought a small lump to my throat.

DSCN2565.jpg

The staff at Tedworth were superb and couldn't stop thanking eldest enough, they were totally smitten by a young lad, doing so much and all off of his own back, please bear in mind he started doing this when he was 12, so if any of the staff at Tedworth read this, you made a young man very very happy today - thank you so much for making his day and making us all feel so very very welcome.

DSCN2553.jpg

For those that are interested, eldest has already started his sponsorship for this years sponsored walk, and in August this year he is organising an evenings musical concert in aid of H4H at a local church hall, he has already secured use of the venue for free, so all the ticket receipts will go to H4H, so please help to support this wonderful charity as the work they do, really does make a difference

To sponsor eldest on his 2013 walk please click this link, any amount you can afford will be gratefully accepted, http://www.bmycharity.com/h4hwalk2013

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Richly deserved - well done Simon - you still have a free day at the range whenever you want from BB & I

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys,it was a superb day for us all, but most importantly eldest enjoyed really enjoyed the day and as above, the staff there are superb, i think he is still in shock tbh:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good stuff, nice to see

H4H is a charity close to my heart too, it's nice to see what goes on in the background

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
A massive Well done to your lad you have every right to be proud,my step son is serving and hope he never needs h4h but he had mates injured on his tour of afhgan who will be eternally gratefull for there help and people like your son

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE