Ventile Jacket??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi John
follow this link to someone selling Ventile Gaitors

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/op/~Extre...athable_water_resistant_gaiter_-prod-14681020

I hope this is of interest
Oh I agree with blousing trousers over the boots thing, it's just that I use "trouser twists" or laggy bands, rather than tucking the trousers into my boots.
If I am wearing short boots and gaiters AND overtrousers, the OTs go over the gaiters to avoid rain running inside the gaiters into my boots.
Does anyone know of anyone producing Ventile gaiters? Would they have advantages over canvas gaiters (other than completeing the set)?
John

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Hi Red.
Pretty good. Standard Commando type, I'm on my second set of soles in 15 years, and they get quite a lot of use, but mainly 'off road'. The only trouble with Danners is that I find they squeak from around the lace eye area... not ideal for sceadugen...;)

Depends on the model of boot (Danner Soles) but I've been wandering round on vibram kletterlift soles in woods for years and I absolutely swear by them. The big difference is a rounded section with tread where the step for the heel is, means when stepping on logs and the like you are using a grippy part of the sole rather than just the edge of the heel. Look a the tread where the vibram logo is on the "Vibram 148 Kletterlift" and the "Vibram 132K" and you can see the difference.

Never had a squeaking problem myself! They've been my boot of choice since 1987! Mind you, I've only just started on my 2nd pair, the first lasted 20 years and are still usable, they just leak a bit!! (Got my 'new' ones for £60 in the Member Classifieds - thanks Joe! :D )

Scoops

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I humbly apologise - you don't tuck in do you!
Thanks for the Ventile gaiters ('gaitors bite too much to wear...)link.
John

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Just to drag this back on track for a moment, I've also got the BCUK ventile jacket and I'm also very happy with it. Best outer layer I've ever had, and very comfortable in a wide range of conditions.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Spacemokey - are you really sure you want to hang around on Pen-y-Fan dressed like that.

I've got a couple of mates down Hereford way that might just "mistake" you.

Ah, but that's why I wear olive green and not DPM... and the ski cap might give the game away too..;) And look at me- I don't think they will think I am one of them..:rolleyes: The other Regiment near me has just let me pass Selection, but it's a bit different!! :lmao::lmao::p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE