Vegimite is god!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ledamni

Dec 5, 2006
UK
G'day All,

Been reading bits and bobs on the site for a while, but wanted to get involved with British Reds Bow Saw Bonanza so I had to sign up.

Im a Australian currently serving a life sentance in the most unholy of places the midlands, I'm one of those fruitloop types that sleep on top bags and bags of 20kilo bags of rice, build nuclear shelters systems for fun, and make ludlow town centre look scruffy a few times a year.

I eat vegimite on regular occurances and dont believe there is a better beer then Coopers Best Extra Stout, no wine can beat Wolf Blass Cab Sav, although British Reds fine red collection comes close. And like all good australian I have a strange hat, a stupid accent, and I am required by federal, state, and terrriorial law to watch Neighbours daily.

ho, kaj havos amuzig^i.

Ledamni

ledamni

Dec 5, 2006
UK
Ohh yeah and before British Red or Ludlow Surviors start telling you all scary stories about me, yes I own a kilt, no i don't wear tights, and yes i have had a multitude of very stupid haircuts in my time.

Im sure Red will post an offending picture at some time heres one of the back of my head, dont worry they only get stupider, like that one of me hanging upside down starkers from the iron ladies of newcastle town, but that children is another story for when im ******. :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello ledamni and welcome to BcUK :) Pull up a keyboard and join the conversations.

I have to disagree though, Vegemite is vile, Marmite is Mighty! :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,
Toddy.............who doesn't have a kilt but does have an arisaid :cool:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi ledamni and welcome

Well, there go the property prices on the forum :D

You see mate, I told you Marmite was better - Toddy says so and no-one dares disagree with Toddy ;)

I'r rather worried though that you might begin a conversation with Capn Badger. We may well approach critical mass of downright strangeness then :)

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tony said:
Welcome to Bushcraft UK, good to have you :D

British Red, got a plan for keeping them apart?
Tony,

I thought we might start with some teams of Wild Horses ;)

First time I met ledamni was collecting him from the station to go to a meet

This weird dreadlocked fellow hurled his bergan in the back of my Landcruiser with the phrase

"g'day - noice ute maite" or something similarly colonial

We won't even begin on his explanations as to why vegetarians are allowed to prep and eat wood pigeons round the fire (which he promptly did :D)

I decided then that like most forces of nature, one should simply admire it (preferably from a safe distance) :D

Red

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Ledamni!

Good to see you here :D

As you can see there are many folk here who are only too willing to show you the error of your ways and introduce you to Marmite and help you kick the Vegimite habit :p

:lmao:

GW

ledamni

Dec 5, 2006
UK
British Red said:
Tony,

I thought we might start with some teams of Wild Horses ;)

Sounds like a scene out of the Man from Snowy River, its a shame the fimling was so awful the stories brillant.

First time I met ledamni was collecting him from the station to go to a meet. This weird dreadlocked fellow hurled his bergan in the back of my Landcruiser with the phrase "g'day - noice ute maite" or something similarly colonial

Stock phrase that one, all utes are beut, as the saying goes. And I don't speak colonial is mearly a higher state of enlightment from all those years of more Vit D and the bitting creatures, everythings tame after you've seen a drop bear take a grown man.

We won't even begin on his explanations as to why vegetarians are allowed to prep and eat wood pigeons round the fire (which he promptly did :D)

Vegan thank you very much, I dont drink milk or eat cheese, and anyway it's a rule all wood pigeons most be consumed by Vegans as they eat the bean crops same with rabbits there allowed because there a pest species, and anyway I only kill them as practice for the rabid yeti's.

I decided then that like most forces of nature, one should simply admire it (preferably from a safe distance) :D

Red

I'll bring the police tape next time, with "keep well back" written on it I wonder if I could make a pair of kegs out of police tape :rolleyes:

And cheers to everyone for the welcome, no idea about the christmass meet depends the better half and whats going on, I normally crawl under a rock around now for my hibernation period bloody english weather!

Have fun all.

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Ledamni

Welcome, all that heat and dust will drive a man to almost anything but vegimite?
Bovril, thats what you need, known to make most things edible or even a wholesome drink.

Enjoy your stay, I believe you are eligable for repatriation after we win the next rugby world cup.

Best regards, Pothunter.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
TheMagicalBadger said:
Large jar of Marmite and a spoon!

Hot, real butter-ed, toast :D

What *is* vegemite made from anyway? I like the thick Vecon stock paste stuff but was stunned at just how awful vegemite was :confused:

Cheers,
Toddy

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Just love the Vegimite/Marmite preference thing. Perhaps a pole on who likes what would be interesting? I would do it but haven't a clue how its done. :lmao:

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Toddy said:
Hot, real butter-ed, toast :D

What *is* vegemite made from anyway? I like the thick Vecon stock paste stuff but was stunned at just how awful vegemite was :confused:

Cheers,
Toddy

Vegemite is made from vick! Some times when the extraction system failed workers passed out from the fumes, the result was burned vick! Rather than waste this valuable but tasteless ermmm mess it was put into jars and sent to oz where it was named “vegemite” after the people who eat it
;)
chris

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm tempted to post such a poll. If only to see if 400 Brits can supress one keen outdoorsy Aussie (sadly I think we will lose having met him)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE