Vegemite or Marmite?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Vegemite or Marmite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Vegemite or Marmite?
Easy to answer. Marmite evey time. However I understand the Aussies are very keen on their Vegimite. can't understand why though! :rolleyes:

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
British Red said:
In honour of our newest (aussie) member

Some things have to be settled! :D

Red
Vegemite is ok, if spread thinly on a slice of pappy white bread and used as fish bait, so I can safely say it has its uses.
Marmite is the earwax of the dedil, a foul noxious poison that needs a yuck warning. :yuck: :yuck:
Bovril is the spread of choice for people with a discerning palette. It is fantastic if spread on warm toast just before you place a thin slice of ham, over which you spread grated cheese before toasting it to a bubbling mass of deliciousnessness.
It also makes a great beefie drink, :)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Marmite is the earwax of the dedil, a foul noxious poison that needs a yuck warning.
Tadpole, I take it you are not too keen on marmite!! I still think it is a very versatile substance, even my dog loves it. :)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
fred gordon said:
Marmite is the earwax of the dedil, a foul noxious poison that needs a yuck warning.
Tadpole, I take it you are not too keen on marmite!! I still think it is a very versatile substance, even my dog loves it. :)
I think your dogs liking of Marmite is quite telling, the taste it must remind him of something. :lmao: something that dogs like to do when bored. or Itchy ;)

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
MARMITE!!!

No surpise there, eh Ledamni? :lmao:

I have been having this psuedo battle with Ledamni for a little while now.

I don't think we are ever going to change his mind... and here's why;

Australians make fantastic beer, they also make really awful beer.

Austrailians drink the really good beer, they export the other kind

Britains make really good beer.

Britains export the good stuff, and import Australian to drink :confused:

I think he has us under the 'But you have no taste' rule :p

Still, Marmite is better! ;)

GW

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Marmite - spread on crispy toast, some grated cheddar, put under the grill...I'm off to the kitchen for a snack :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Greywolf said:
Australians make fantastic beer,
Greywolf,
Could you please quantify this statement I'm confused.

The best beer in the world by far is brewed in the south of both Britain and Ireland.
The filth that is left after brewing should be thrown away and not be repackaged and put on supermarket shelves.

Ogri the trog

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Ogri the trog said:
Greywolf,

They do make some great beers, we rarely hear about them because they keep them for themselves. They even make a passable stout apparently.

Ogri the trog said:
The best beer in the world by far is brewed in the south of both Britain and Ireland.
Would it be black with a white head? ;)
Ogri the trog said:
The filth that is left after brewing should be thrown away and not be repackaged and put on supermarket shelves.

Ogri the trog

Call it recycling :p

GW

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ogri the trog said:
Greywolf,

Ogri the trog
Here here :D :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't know about that. I've been drinking some really good Scottish stuff recently, though to be honest I think I prefer ale.

Cheers,
Toddy

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Best beer? Now there's a question... The beer that I recall as "best" is probably Sandy Hunter's Traditional Ale, but I haven't seen that for many years and my recollection may be rose-tinted. And then of course there was the special Heavy (80/-) the Diggers in Edinburgh used to have, if it was on a good day...

Still, the beer I've got brewing right here is plenty good enough for me! :D

As for Aussie beers, the best I've seen in the UK would be Cascade. There was some Queensland brew I tried that was really good, but I'm damned if I can remember the name...

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I tried vegemite, I'd heard about it and found some in Wal Mart here in Germany. The Big Yin raves about it and said that Whoopi Goldberg said it was like licking a cats' ar$e!!!! Billys' answer was "Who did your research?!!!" :lmao:

I have to say I thoughtit was horrible stuff, but I'm not with Whoopi because I'd rather eat the stuff than lick a cats bum!

Marmite rocks. :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE