Vaude Taurus II Tent and service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
Hello everyone

About 2 and a half years ago I bought a Vaude Taurus II tent when I found out that the waterproofing layer in my old Phoenix Phreak tent had crumbled away and reproofing spray didnt work. Unfortunately when first put to use on Hadrian's Wall the tent leaked, making the wife and dog very uncomfortable (my side seemed to say dry!). Vaude instantly replaced my tent outer. Now I am back in Cambodia and the traditional tent is too hot. I want to replace the inner with a new one made purely out of mosquito net. Unfortunately the Vaude uses non standard size Fastex clips to connect the inner to the outer. However, one email and Vaude have offered to provide a spare set of clips.

Just a note about Vaude UK's positive customer service...

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I agree with that. I have a baby carrier that the head support part broke on. I subsequently lost a screw and part of a bracket. It was well over a year old but I sent a speculative email, asking if I could get hold of parts. I had a speedy reply asking exactly which bits I needed and they were sent in the post the next day, free of charge.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Sounds great service. Could you PM me the email you used, I have a vaude tent with a single damaged pole and the only parts listed by dealers is a whole pole set at £70, I had bodged it up but if that is what customer service is like sounds like they will get me my one pole maybe. Great tents.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have a Vaude Mark III and it was fantastic from day one.. one of the most underrated tents around in my opinion and I kinda regret selling it.

Nice to see a company that still really cares about its customers too!

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
So you're happy with the quality of the Taurus 2 now that the flysheet has been replaced?
Is it do-able with 3 men inside or is it really more like a 2 men tent? And what about the porch, do you get some big rucksacks inside or is it rather small (as it looks on pictures) ?

Cheers,
Lasse

Mike Benis

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2008
England
I've also received very good spares repairs for my Vaude Mk II.

The certainly stand by their products and customers.

Cheers

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE