Varusteleka - the strange surplus shop from Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shindig

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2013
Scotland
I've bought quite a lot of kit from them. Highly recommended and their packaging is pretty cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mowmow

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
One of my favourite shops!
Been buying from them the last 3 maybe 4 years I believe. Super fast deliveries.
Love their own brand knives.
Good prices and honest descriptions on a lot of stuff!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Perhaps before that actually! I remember when they first introduced the skrama, i bought one of the very early production runs.
It came so sharp out of the box, I brushed past some clothes hung up by my brother as i left his room (showing him my new knife) when i lived at home.

Ended up with two pairs of jeans on the end of the blade as i walked through the door. Wouldnt have noticed if it didnt feel heavier. Went through multiple layers of denim like hot knife through butter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: boney gumbo mcgee

mimo

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2020
London
This site is absolutely mental. Then again, I never met a Finn who wasn't...in a good way..probably.

The Finnish surplus stuff is a lot more pricey but looks fantastic. I do wish there was more stuff in all-natural fibres in the non-militaristic/own brand ranges.

Also, the discount doesn't work any more after four years. How about a new one, @Varusteleka?!

Last edited:
Reactions: TinkyPete and CLEM

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Varus fantastic shop. I was sceptical but they really are superb. There own brand is great gear, good prices and excellent service.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Has anyone in the U.K. bought anything from them this year? Wondering what effect Brexit has had on shipping, duty etc.
Cheers!

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Has anyone in the U.K. bought anything from them this year? Wondering what effect Brexit has had on shipping, duty etc.
Cheers!
Assume that you'll have to pay 20% VAT when it gets to the UK and then import duty as well if it's over £135. Plus whatever handling fee the carrier adds for doing the paperwork, usually £8-12.

That way you will be pleasantly surprised if you don't have to pay up.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Did a test putting an order to UK in the shopping cart of Varusteleka.

Order total

10.59 GBP excluding VAT ⚠As dictated by UK officials, UK VAT 20 % will be added to orders with a VAT excluded total of under 135 GBP. We will settle these taxes to the UK Gov.

For orders with VAT excluded total of over 135 GBP, prices will be VAT free and the UK Customs will handle collecting the taxes from the customer.

Reactions: Dougster

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I have been waiting for an order placed 21st January on a pair of boots listed at £118 but total charge £158 due to VAT etc. Company quote Brexit and postal issues! Not good service as they should have prepared for Brexit like everyone else has to.

• Wow
Reactions: Dougster

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have been waiting for an order placed 21st January on a pair of boots listed at £118 but total charge £158 due to VAT etc. Company quote Brexit and postal issues! Not good service as they should have prepared for Brexit like everyone else has to.

All the EU traders are in the same boat and its out of their hands

how can anyone prepare when noone was telling us the rules

Those in charge in the EU are making it their job to punish us all

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Varusteleka kicks bottom! Fast shipping and good quality stuff. Have had many orders in the past 6 months or so. Awesome online shop. Always looking for great surplus stuff for outdoors and camping hunting. Cheers!

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
Ordered a knife on Friday afternoon, arrived Tuesday morning - brilliant service. Had to pay VAT unfortunately but that's not their fault

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
Why should they prepare for something we decided to do. Plenty of EU companies just won't deal with us at the minute as it's too much hassle.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE