Vargo Para-Bottle.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Heh. That top looks like the problem if there isn't a mistake.

Just looked up Keith Ti's 1100 ml bottle, 268g... but that's a millary kidney style with 700ml cup and lid.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Litre bottles right? 1kg if water with 30g weight difference. Not a big issue but I'd not pay the money for Titanium bottles personally.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Litre bottles right? 1kg if water with 30g weight difference. Not a big issue but I'd not pay the money for Titanium bottles personally.
That's my point. Steel is stronger and 5x cheaper. Only reason to pay for titanium is weight savings. Not in this case.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That's my point. Steel is stronger and 5x cheaper. Only reason to pay for titanium is weight savings. Not in this case.

Titanium is massively overrated IMO. The Americans love it for torches, knife scales etc, but it is seriously overrated. Anything with a screw thread tends to be scratchy because it's a hard metal to work and finish and the tooling has had to be upgraded to match the harder material and doesn't do as good a job as the well established steel manufacturing process. Go with stainless steel, you won't cry if you dent it.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Titanium is excellent in Russian submarines and implants ( teeth, joints).

Maybe space thingies.

Othervise plastic or steel is better and cheaper.

What do you say when you sit down and squash that 150$ Ti bottle?

Words the Mods would ban you for!
:)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Maybe. I like to see more longterm studies.
We have studies stretching back decades done by Brånemark and the Brånemark Institute.

When I have my knee replaced ( hopefully never though! ) I want a Ti one.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Maybe. I like to see more longterm studies.
We have studies stretching back decades done by Brånemark and the Brånemark Institute.

When I have my knee replaced ( hopefully never though! ) I want a Ti one.

I've got a Ti hip joint, seems ok so far, no squeaks or creaks in the ceramic parts. Pain at airport security though.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
Gents, have a look at Invibio.

Ti can still be slowly rejected over the years. PEEK, or rather the stuff we make called Invibio, is not rejected, and the bones can heal around the PEEK. Bones wont heal around metal. I assure you, within 10-20 years, metal human implants will be a thing of the past, and this product, or variants of it, is all that will be used. The different applications it can be used for is amazing, from teeth to spinal cages.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE