Vango Force Ten with Nylon Fly

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ruger_red

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2009
Merseyside
Hi,

I have sitting in the loft a 25 year old Vango Force Ten. It needs a little tlc. Don't know what MK it is but would welcome information on the differences between the various generations. Can spares be easily sort and does anyone have any instructions? Put it up a few years ago as a play tent in the garden and remember finding it very difficult to suspend the inner tent on the frame. Could the cotton inner have shrunk? Would be a shame to just bin it.

Forgot to add that it is a 2 man with green nylon fly and orange inner.

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
We have a Mk IV std (cotton inner, cotton fly) that is almost 20 years old. It has aluminium poles, not steel.
I doubt that the inner has shrunk, but the 'elastic bands' (the shocklinks used to suspend the inner and stretch out the walls) are prone to stiffening and losing elasticity, which may be the cause of the problem. They are easily replaced using shockcord tied into a loop - I have replaced all ours. Apart from that, and a small rip in the groundsheet repaired by stitching and aquasure on each side, the only other maintenance has been re-proofing the fly with Fabsil about every 5 years. We use this tent quite a bit and despite 4 other tents, its still my favourite besides being a classic - several dome-dwellers at Wasdale Head were admiring our faded Force Ten 2 weeks ago. The other advantage is that the all cotton version is much quieter than a nylon tent in a breeze.
Dunno about spares, but I'm sure googling will turn something up.

Nick

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I love my force ten!

its so easy to put up and take down!

The Vango company still make them, and all spares are for sale...But they arent cheap

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE