Vango force 10 cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I dyed mine, then treated it with nikwax cottonproof. Then put it up for twenty hours in the garden and slept in it.

At one point there was a thirty minute thunderstorm, mini squall and hail. It wetted out.

The fly got wet from flapping against the cotton outer. But not so bad that there were any puddles. I think it would make a great tent for snow.

But I am wondering if its past its usefulness in rain. Im going to give it a covering of fabsil next warm day we get.

wetted tent.jpg

Well I just spent my £50 on a Conquest Medina M2 and its up in the garden. First impressions ... a bargain. The inner is nylon, the flysheet heavyweight cotton ( certainly feels more robust than my F10 mk4 flysheet). I understand that these tents predate the F10's and you can tell its an old tent. The spiky bit that joins the poles together is bent aluminium as were the early F10's. One 'd' ring missing from the door but not a problem.

I think the flysheet guy ropes are a better system than the current F10's with 3 connection points rather than one ... but never been in a good wind so will reserve judgement.

Just need some rain and a good wind to try it.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
These are a very high quality tent; their description is about right and has the dimensions in there. I've used them a good bit in the past and had very good service from them, always been satisfied with descriptions. You really can't go to far wrong at that price; if you find that pole set it'll cost you more than that as a spare!

As to one man/two man, how much do you like your partner? :) It's an old chestnut, this. I personally use two man as one man, three man as two man etc., but when I used to climb I shared tents the size of a hanky quite comfortably with the right people.

No connection etc.

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Macaroon and Gray.
Happy to hear they are quality. Bummed i missed out on the larger model mk4's they listed the day before. Anyone want to swop lol?
Just been thoroughly re reading the description and yep i see the dimensions. Its half the width of my vango ark400 which is palatial anyhow. Hopefully unlike my ark it wont leak and want to blow away.
Will he my first canvas tent, looking forward to stealing away to use it;)

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland

Yours the same!? Other label was awol.

The only damage, two tiny holes in the thick rubber groundsheet. Patch job.

Seen this warning label on the force ten poles online. Makes me think these are not the original poles for it as there is two inner ridge attachments and this sticker refers to the one (and only one) on force tens.

Thats my mat, a thermarest neoair camper xl, its huge and well accommodated thankfully.

Now to pretend im far away;)

Vango adventure tarp.

Some of these will get a few stitches to ensure no ripping.

Happy with it and a bargain at 45 pounds. Stood up to very heavy rain in the last few hrs so bodes well.

One thing im not too sure on is the rubber loops for the inner to attach to the ridge, do you run the ridge through em or lace them to it as i have?
Also whats the craic with the additional inside fabric pegging points on the fly? Dont seem to make sense. Do you peg the rubber guys and these with the one peg? Kind of as a guide to the correct tension?

Apr 12, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi sorry to bump an old thread but I'm looking to replace the flysheet from my Vango Force Ten and was wondering if anyone knows it the Medina Conquest Mk2 flysheet would fit this? The nylon sheet I have at the moment has had the waterproof on the innerside of the flysheet separate from it. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this or have a line on a replacement sheet?

Thanks,

Jacub

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE